Rotary Youth Leadership Awards – Application Form
,The Vocational/New Generations committee is seeking applications for the “Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA)”
Details: RYLA gives the opportunity for youth leaders to come together to further their leadership skills.
What is RYLA?
Rotarians recognize that today's youth will become tomorrow's leaders. Preparing these future leaders is a significant task. The Rotary Youth Leadership Awards program was formally adopted by Rotary International in 1971 and gives the opportunity for youth leaders in our communities to come together to further their leadership skills.
Rotary Clubs in District 7010 annually select and sponsor young people to participate in a weekend leadership training workshop. The "award" is the opportunity to participate in a hands-on, active, and fun weekend. Leadership skills will be developed through challenges involving team work and problem solving and developing a better understanding of one-self will be explored. Recreational programs such as campfires and a coffee house add to the fun.
RYLA aims to:
- Demonstrate Rotary's respect and concern for young people
- Provide an effective training experience for selected youth leaders
- Encourage leadership of youth by youth
- Recognize publicly young people who are rendering service to their communities
RYLA provides young people an opportunity to expand their horizons by:
- Developing leadership skills
- Increasing self-confidence
- Gaining exposure to a variety of issues and people
- Making new friends
- Obtaining career information and skills
RYLA participants are exposed to values that Rotarians deem essential for those who hold leadership roles:
- Ethical behaviour
- Integrity of character
- Commitment to community service
Additional details can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
Eligibility: Aged 14-17 years, residing in the County of Simcoe.
Date: May 1 - May 3, 2020
Location: YMCA Geneva Park
Deadline for applications to the Vocational/New Generations committee is February 25, 2020.