The 2022 Barrie Fall Fishing Festival is a catch and release tagged Perch fishing tournament taking place over 10 days from September 23rd to October 2nd on beautiful Kempenfelt Bay. It encourages anglers of all ages and skill levels to enjoy fishing, the beautiful fall weather, and the spectacular fall colours of Kempenfelt Bay from boat or shore.
A prize pool is in excess of $40,000 & is expected to attract 1,000+ anglers over the 10 days of the festival.
There will be 100 tagged perch released into Kempenfelt Bay. Any tagged perch caught during the event and validated has a minimum cash value of $100. No one knows the tagged $ value until it has been validated at the festival table during the closing day ie., $100, $250, $500, $750 or $1000!
All remaining tickets will be transferred from the ‘Daily Bin’ and placed in the ‘Second Bin’ related to the chance to win $10,000 draw. Everyone at the end of the event also has a chance to draw to win the $10,000 prize. However, to be eligible, you must be present at the draw for the chance to win the $10,000 price.
The net proceeds from the Fall Fishing Festival help fund the numerous Environmental initiatives taken on by the Barrie-Huronia Rotary Club, projects such as; related to improving the health and well-being of Lake Simcoe and many other local community projects.
All prices include HST
|Family sign up, family are 2 adults and 2 children living in the same address.||$90.00|
|‘Take me out fishing’, special – one Adult and one child up to age of 12||$45.00|
|Parking pass for 10 days of event||$20.00|
|Student sign up (student ID required)||$20.00|
|Child sign up to age of 12||$15.00|
Contacts: Stuart Pound 705-720-0025
John Foster 705-794-0301
The Barrie Fall Fishing Festival 10 day event starts daily at 7 am until 7 pm from September 23rd to October 2nd 2022.
Festival headquarters is located in the Sea Cadet building (located on the waterfront at the bottom of Simcoe Street/Bayfield Street). Look for the BFFF HEADQUARTERS signs.
How to Win:
There are 56 tagged perch in the bay. Any tagged perch caught and validated have a minimum cash value of $300. No one knows which tags are worth, ie, (25) $300, (25) $500, or, (6) $750, until October 2nd @ 1pm at the closing ceremonies. (Please refer to the tournament rules and guidelines)
CASH PRIZE DRAW:
Each paid registrant is entered into our cash prize drum. Each time you enter a fish into our daily merchandise prize draw, you also receive another ballot into the cash prize drum (whether you are drawn or not in the daily prizes). After each daily draw all the tickets are then added to the draw bucket for the $10,000 draw. By entering a fish daily, you increase your chances of winning the cash prize by 10 times! Everyone at the end of event also has the chance to do the envelope draw for the $10,000 prize, BUT, you must be present in order to do the draw for the chance to win.
DAILY MERCHANDISE DRAWS:
Bring in a live Perch (one per day per registrant) and your name goes into the daily merchandise prize drum.
TAGGED PERCH (100 tagged fish)
4 X $1000
6 X $750
12 X $500
18 X $250
60 X $100
DAILY MERCHANDISE DRAWS:
In excess of $2,500 retail value
15 Envelope Draw Down to ticket registrant drawn from the cash prize drum at the closing ceremonies.
Draw will be as follows:
LEVEL 1: 3 envelopes with 2 at $500 prizes and 1 to draw to the next level
LEVEL 2: 5 envelopes, 4 with $1,000 prize and one to draw to the next level
LEVEL 3: 7 envelopes with $2,000 prize and one with the $10,000 prize.
TOTAL POTENTIAL VALUE: $37,000
All tag numbers and corresponding money values announced at the closing on Sunday September 30th at 1pm
Rules and regulations, participation and eligibility:
All persons who are of sufficient age to handle a rod and reel are eligible.
BFFF HEADQUARTERS- Registration bags and badges with lanyards will be available for pickup starting on Opening Day at 7am at the Sea Cadet building, which is located on the waterfront at the bottom of Simcoe Street/Bayfield Street. Look for the BFFF HEAD QUARTERS signs. Good Luck Fishing!
- A properly completed application and registration form must be received from each applicant along with appropriate fee before fishing in the Festival.
- All contestants registered and who enter the Perch Festival shall be eligible for prizes and you must be present during closing ceremonies to have a chance to win the $10,000.00.
- Each contestant must retain their registration form to qualify and verify for the collection of prizes, lost registration forms will require additional registration fee for registration.
- Perch Festival I.D. must be worn when participating in the Festival.
- Each person in a boat must be registered in the Festival or their daily catch will not be eligible nor shall the catch taken that day by any other fisherman in the same boat, whether registration or not, be eligible.
- Participants agree to abide by Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources Game and Fishing Act and Regulations, the Small Vessel Regulations and Rules and Regulations of Barrie Fall Fishing Festival.
- Indigenous live bait and/or artificial bait may be used. All fishing must be caught by conventional sport fishing methods in accordance with recognized angling practises. BARBLESS HOOKS ARE ENCOURAGED but Not Mandatory.
- No holder of a commercial fishing license may enter.
- Any Entrant who uses anything whatsoever to attempt to falsely represent themselves or the fish they have caught shall be immediately disqualified from this and future Festivals. All prizes and awards will be forfeited back to the Festival.
- Any Perch that appears to be mangled, fouled hooked, snagged, is otherwise altered or which is dead shall not be eligible for any prize.
- Fishing hours for the Festival are Daily from 7am to 7pm at the Perch Headquarters, and 7am to Noon on closing day.
- Ontario Sport Fishing Regulations Re: General Spoiling of Fish –Any fish that has been lawfully caught and which is suitable for food must not be destroyed or permitted to spoil.” If you are going to eat it –keep it. If not put it back”
- The Festival is a live release event. Fish must be in good conditions, preferably in an aerated bucket. Presentation of the Perch for live “live release” must meet Festival and Conservation Club Members standards or it will not qualify for the draws.
- Participants agree upon making application to fish in the Barrie Fall Fishing Festival that the decisions of the official committee members and/or the Festival Director shall be final and binding on all matters.
- All contestants agree to allow Festival Officials to board their boats and to inspect any participant’s catch and equipment at any time.
- All Perch caught must be delivered intact to the Sea Cadet building on the same day the Perch are caught .Festival Officials will inspect tagged fish before any qualification is given for awards.
- BFFF Festival and the Rotary Club of Barrie Huronia are not responsible for Tagged Perch caught from the previous year’s. They have no cash value.
- No member of the Barrie Fall Festival Committee will be eligible for the tagged perch award of the event.
- All prizes and awards must be claimed within 30 days from the closing of the event.
- A lucky participant could win $10,000.00 cash for the Grand Prize simply by purchasing a ticket. Daily prize draw entries will be eligible when one live Perch is brought into the BFFF Headquarters at the Sea Cadet Building. The DAILY draw will be held at the end of each day and the Daily prizes are available for pick up the following day.
- Participants can only enter one Perch daily but each Perch entered also gives you an added chance at the Grand Prize and other prizes.
- Each tagged fish is sponsored by a business –when you register a live tagged fish, you win the corresponding prize for that tag, values from $300.00 to $750.00. Dollar value of individual tags will be revealed 1:00pm closing day.
Rules and regulations are subject to change as the festival evolves. Changes will be only made in the interest of ‘fairness to all concerned’.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org